Thursday, June 07, 2007


Recording is almost finished for the new album! I finished vocals earlier this month and it's very exciting hearing the songs coming together. Some are ready to be mixed, but after much consideration I have come to the conclusion that there are a few songs that really need real strings played by live string players to give them the lushness they deserve. As I mentioned in my journal, earlier this year my funding applications were passed over and ever since, I have been making this record with the help of my credit card, favors from friends, and the bartering of services. However, some things can't be bartered for and with the wedding coming this year money is tight, so booking a string session becomes a bit of a logistical problem: there are musician fees to pay as well as costs for a large studio - even planned as efficiently as possible it's going to cost about $1500. Therefore I'm announcing the opportunity to become a "sponsor" for the string session and in return you will be invited to the studio in downtown Toronto to attend the actual recording!

Donations of all sizes will help out a lot, however those who donate $100 or more will be invited to attend the actual recording session at a studio in downtown Toronto (to take place this summer, possibly even within the next couple of weeks). All who donate will also receive a personal thank you on the liner notes of the record.

info by newsletter myspace
www.karenkosowski.com

No comments: